Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snow Day

I remember being a kid and no matter how old I was I was still excited to have a snow day. Last night all the kids activities canceled for weather and we were just waiting for the word on the schools. At 7pm Sami announces in a very grumpy attitude that there is a snow day, the boys jump up and down and screaming YEAH! Sami truly was disappointed because she doesn't get to go to school, what 13 year old does this? It is great from a parents stand point but then I keep thinking is there something wrong here? Then I decided that it is not my fault, nothing to do with her home life, it is the schools fault! They make it way too much fun!!!! She loves all of her teachers, has time to have fun with her friends while still learning, and she is doing really good with her grades. I have figured out that she is not the only one of her friends that is disappointed, thank goodness!

The boys will have a great time hanging out today and Sami will sit and text her friends endlessly all day! Maybe we will see how bad the roads are and find our way to the movies! Of course they will fight over which movie to see but we will still have fun!

No comments: